Canary Islands travel guide, including map of the Canaries, and tips for travel in Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and La Gomera
Our travel guide to the Canary Islands is coming soon. In the meantime, please check out our Canaries Essential Info page, and the posts in our travellers' forums.
Canary Islands – vital statistics
- Capital of The Canaries: Santa Cruz (Tenerife); Las Palmas (Gran Canaria)
- Population of The Canaries: 2 million
- Languages in The Canaries: Spanish, English
- Time in The Canaries: GMT
- International dialling code in The Canaries: +34
- Voltage in The Canaries: 220V
- Visa information for The Canaries: Visa information
- Money in The Canaries: Euro ATMs are widespread and travellers cheques can be exchanged.
- The Canaries travel advice: Foreign & Commonwealth Office
- The Canaries tourist board: Islas Canarias