In November 2010, Wanderlust's Lyn Hughes took 19 readers to Marrakech on the first of the Wanderlust On Assignment trips.
Designed for people who want to take their photography and writing to the next level, the idea of an On Assignment trip is to research, write and photograph an article for publication in Wanderlust magazine.
Along with Lyn on the trip was professional photographer Paul Harris
and local resident and photographer Suzanne Porter
. Thanks must go to them and also to Andy at Splash Rafting
who took some of the group canyoning.
The resulting Ultimate Guide to Marrakech article, along with a selection of the photos generated, appeared in the March 2011 issue of Wanderlust magazine.
As there was simply too much great content that we had to leave out of the magazine, do look too at this other superb content...
- How to enjoy a Hammam by Edwina Hutton-Fellowes
- Exploring the food markets of Marrakech by Rachael Rowe
- Canyoning in Marrakech by Amanda Williams
- Making friends by Renata Roge
- Some great tips on Photographing the locals by Renata Roge
- Top 5 tips for haggling by Rachael Rowe
- Top 5 books about Marrakech by Kate Skillington
- Top 5 tips for making the most of Marrakech by Barnaby Davies
- 10 tips for tacking the souks by Rachael Rowe
- 5 great places for a tipple by Jim Embrescina
- Marrakech cookery schools by Mark Kensett
- 5 must-dos in Marrakech by Dina Smith
- The sights and sounds of Marrakech by Lynn Alexander
There's also a great photography gallery pulling the best of the photographers work not featured in the magazine. The photographers on the trip were:
If you're interested in joining us on our next adventure, check out our trips and other information on Trip Finder.
- Tina Hutton-Fellowes
- Ana Wisdell
- Eileen Shaw
- Gwen Pearson
- Adam De-Ste-Croix
- Craig Howe
- Marilia de Lucca Cardillo
- Alistair Greene
- David Whitaker