1. In Barcelona it is against the law to wear a bikini, swimming trunks or to go bare-chested on the streets.
2. In China, it is against the law to reincarnate without government permission.
3. In Singapore, you will be fined for chewing gum on the Mass Rapid Transit (MTR) system.
4. It is an offence to sit on steps/courtyards or to eat and drink in the immediate vicinity of churches and public buildings in Florence.
5. It is illegal to die in the House of Parliament in London. Because it is a Royal Palace, you are technically entitled to a state funeral.
6. In the Netherlands you can smoke cannabis in public places, but not tobacco.
7. Until 2002, Brazilian men had ten days to annul their marriage if they discovered their wife wasn't a virgin.
8. In Saudi Arabia you must carry a doctor’s prescription for any medication you have with you.
9. In the UK, a pregnant woman can relieve herself anywhere she wants, even a policeman's helmet.
10. In Barbados, it is an offence for anyone, including children, to dress in camouflage clothing.
11. You may be detained or arrested if you use binoculars near an airport in Egypt.
12. In Nigeria it is illegal to import beer, mineral water, soft drinks, sparkling wine and fruits.
13. In Finland, your traffic fine is calculated according to your income.
14. In Samoa, it's a crime to forget your wife's birthday.
Not sure about local laws in your next travel destination? You can check for quirky laws for different countries at www.fco.gov.uk/travel.
Have you had any brushes with weird laws in your travels? Tell us all about them below.
Sign up today for free and be the first to get notified of new articles, new competitions, new events and more!