Grand Africa - Cairo to Cape Town
For the wildlife lover travelling through Africa's top national parks makes for one of life's most rewarding adventures. And on this grand adventure the icing on the cake is witnessing the ancient sites of Egypt. Let our local leaders introduce you to Africa's lions, elephants, leopards and pyramids of Giza!
TRIP CHANGES FOR 2017:
From 1st January 2017 this itinerary will increase by 3 days and the trip code will change to PFGAC. It will include the must see sight of Abu Simbel and will spend an additional day in the Masai Mara & Fish River Canyon, as well as a night in Cape Town. Further Clanwilliam will be replaced with a night on a wine farm in Trawal.
- This grand adventure takes us from one end of the African continent to the other and offers an in-depth experience that combines ancient history with wildlife and breathtaking scenery.
- Uncover the mysteries of Egypt and admire pharaonic treasures as we embark on a cruise up the Nile, witnessing the local rural life along the river as we meander along.
- A four-night river cruise is the ideal way to experience the Nile. Rest and relax on the sundeck and in the pool while local riverside life streams by.
- Experience not only the warmth and charm of Nubian hospitality, but also some delicious traditional cuisine with a home cooked meal.
- Ride camels through the desert to a traditional Bedouin camp and get to know these friendly people before spending a night under a staggeringly beautiful starry sky.
- The 'Big Five' await us as do many other members of the animal kingdom. Zanzibar is our perfect halfway stop with its stunning beaches and evocative old town.
- Southern Africa offers us more stunning wildlife experiences, Mother Nature's landmark places such as Victoria Falls, Okavango Delta, Fish River Canyon and Table Mountain.
- Spend 2 nights in Khowarib Lodge, Damaraland a feature stay on this trip, and 1 night in Canyon Lodge, Fish River Canyon also a feature stay.
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust