Trip reference number: SIO
Trip Operator: Wild Frontiers
Whether it’s your first, second or even third time to the Indian Subcontinent, if you haven’t yet been to South India, you are in for a real treat! This diverse and comprehensive trip€ross the cultural and historical landscapes of Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Kerala encompasses some of the country’s most authentic cultural experiences and offers a very different experience from that of the north.
Travelling from the shores of the Indian Ocean to the Arabian Sea, we will have a chance to explore UNESCO Heritage sites and ancient temple shrines, experience Tamil culture first-hand and enjoy the stunning beauty of the Western Ghats and the Malabar Coast. We will also visit the historic splendours of Madurai, Mysore and Cochin, and explore the majestic landscapes of the Backwaters aboard a traditional Keralan houseboat for two nights.
This truly is a journey of remarkable contrasts, exploring one of India’s most fascinating regions.
For further information about the region, read our handy [guide to South India](http://www.wildfrontierstravel.com/en_GB/guide-to-south-india).
### Highlights: ###
* Visit the UNESCO World Heritage sites of Mahabalipuram and the living Chola temples at Airavateswara & Bridhadeswara
* Discover the traditional villages and palatial mansions of Chettinadu
* Discover Madurai - the heart of the Tamil and Dravidian cultures
* Explore the Keralan Backwaters for two nights by traditional houseboat
* Visit Kochi’s (Cochin) atmospheric harbour and Mysore’s stunning palace complex
### Tour Includes: ###
* Full services of a Wild Frontiers Tour Leader with local guides and drivers
* 17 breakfasts, 17 lunches, 15 dinners (typically in local restaurants where viable)
* All transport (minibuses, trains, boats and rickshaws).
* 17 nights’€commodation (14 in hotels, 2 in houseboats & 1 on board an overnight train)
* All entrance fees, sightseeing, excursions and€tivities as per the itinerary
* A carbon-offsetting contribution to Carbon Clear (if booking international flights through WF office)
ALL OUR SMALL GROUP TOURS HAVE NO LOCAL PAYMENTS, HIDDEN EXTRAS OR COMPULSORY SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS
Please note that our 2019 South Indian Odyssey tours will be one day longer, so 19 rather than 18 days in duration. Please see the individual itineraries for the specific tour departure for further details.
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust