Trip reference number: WMF
Trip Operator: Wild Frontiers
Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan may be Central Asian neighbours, but they couldn’t be more different. For while Kyrgyzstan is a land of epic mountain scenery and semi-nomadic shepherds, Uzbekistan is home to the atmospheric towns of Samarkand, Bukhara and Khiva, probably Central Asia’s most revered Silk Road trading centres.
Starting in the mountains of Kyrgyzstan we’ll visit great friends of ours, including Jergal, the caretaker of the medieval caravanserai in Tash Rabat. We’ll spend much of our time in traditional yurts and will be introduced to the ways of mountain life on the Old Silk Road, before driving on to the ancient city of Osh. From here we will cross the border into Uzbekistan and travel on to see the fabled cities of Khiva, Bukhara and Samarkand where merchants still ply their wares in the shadow of some of the world’s greatest architectural€hievements.
If you like to really get beneath a region’s surface, rather than simply travel through it, this is the trip for you.
### Highlights: ###
* Visiting nomadic shepherds in their summer pastures at Son Kul
* The Silk Road Caravanserai of Tash Rabat
* Seeing silk production in the Fergana Valley
* The amazing architectural sights of Khiva and Bukhara
* Exploring the Registan, the heart of historic Samarkand
### Tour Includes: ###
* Full services of a Wild Frontiers Tour Leader with local guides and drivers
* 15 breakfasts, 14 lunches, 14 dinners (typically in local restaurants where viable)
* All transport (minibuses, coaster buses and cars as well as a regional flight)
* 15 nights’€commodation (9 nights in hotels & guesthouses, 4 in yurt camps and 2 nights in homestays)
* All entrance fees, sightseeing, excursions and€tivities as per the itinerary
* A carbon-offsetting contribution to Carbon Clear (if booking international flights through WF office)
ALL OUR SMALL GROUP TOURS HAVE NO LOCAL PAYMENTS, HIDDEN EXTRAS OR COMPULSORY SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS.
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust