The Pamir Highway is undoubtedly one of the world’s most stunning roads and yet few Westerners have ever travelled its length, lying as it does in a rarely visited and remote part of Central Asia. Our journey begins in Dushanbe in Tajikistan before heading south to Khorog following alongside the Afghan border on the Wakhan corridor. Continuing up to Murgab we head north toward the mighty High Pamir range which form the border between Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan. We follow the road staying in the shadow of the epic Peak Lenin (7134m). We will then wind our way up through the fertile Fergana valley culminating our journey in the ancient city of Osh.
In true Wild Frontiers style, there will be ample time to explore on foot and meet many of the diverse people who call these harsh lands their home. Combining some of the world’s most striking mountain scenery with homestays with the most hospitable locals and an ancient culture that hasn’t changed for thousands of years, this is very much a trip for the exploratory traveller.
### Highlights: ###
* Driving the Pamir Highway
* Homestays and pastoral life of the High Pamirs
* Exploring the Wakhan Corridor
* The 3000-year-old city of Osh
* The mountain views from Lenin Base Camp
### Tour Includes: ###
* Full services of a Wild Frontiers Tour Leader with local guides and drivers
* 15 breakfasts, 14 lunches, 14 dinners (typically in local restaurants where viable)
* Drinking water throughout
* On this tour we will use minibuses and 4WD vehicles.
* 15 nights’€commodation (5 in hotels, 3 in a local guesthouse, 5 in homestays, and 2 in a tented camp )
* All entrance fees, sightseeing, excursions and€tivities as per the itinerary
* A carbon-offsetting contribution to Carbon Clear (if booking international flights through WF office)
ALL OUR SMALL GROUP TOURS HAVE NO LOCAL PAYMENTS, HIDDEN EXTRAS OR COMPULSORY SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE 2017 TOUR IS ONE DAY LONGER THAN THE ITINERARY DESCRIBED HERE. PLEASE REFER TO THE DOSSIER FOR THE FULL ITINERARY.
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust