Trip reference number: ATS
Trip Operator: Wild Frontiers
Tibet has long been a mysterious and magical land separated by its rugged and inhospitable terrain in splendid isolation from the developing world. While there is no denying that recent times have seen some big changes come to Tibet, there is still much of the this traditional and ancient world to experience.
Our unique tour begins in Qinghai province, in the very north of what is often termed “Greater Tibet”, and en route to Lhasa our train journey takes us€ross the expansive grasslands of Amdo, home to yaks and nomads. This landscape then gives way to rolling hills turning into snowy mountains and passes festooned with prayer flags, and rivers plunging into deep gorges.
Our travels take us through some stunning scenery with vast panoramas. We will explore some of Tibet’s most precious cultural treasures in the ancient monasteries with monks chanting texts from the teachings of Buddha, marvel at the colours of the turquoise lakes, take in the splendour of Mount Everest and end our time in the prized city of Lhasa, one of the last bastions in the era of the ‘Great Game’.
### Highlights: ###
* Exploring the more remote regions of Greater Tibet
* The panoramic vistas of the Tibetan steppe
* The mystical city of Lhasa
* Everest base camp
* Meeting the Tibetan People
### Tour Includes: ###
* Full services of a Wild Frontiers Tour Leader with local guides and drivers
* 14 breakfasts, 13 lunches, 13 dinners (typically in local restaurants where viable)
* All transport (minibuses and overnight train)
* 14 nights’€commodation (13 in hotels, 1 in a simple guesthouse and 1 on an overnight train)
* All entrance fees, sightseeing, excursions and€tivities as per the itinerary
* A carbon-offsetting contribution to Carbon Clear (if booking international flights through WF office)
ALL OUR SMALL GROUP TOURS HAVE NO LOCAL PAYMENTS, HIDDEN EXTRAS OR COMPULSORY SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust