Taiga Snowshoe Adventure
Walks Worldwide bring you Taiga Snowshoe Adventure, an 7 day, group guided tour.
Don't worry if you've never used snowshoes before as it's very easy to pick up. The essence of this special adventure is all about having fun exploring this vast wilderness area. Walking distances are modest as you journey through the Taiga and across frozen lakes in the company of an expert,local guide.
This is a great true adventure holiday for those that would like to discover wild Europe in winter. And, who knows, maybe on one or more nights you'll see more than just the stars of the winter sky. Perhaps the magnificence of the Northern Lights, the Aurora Borealis will reveal itself in all its glory. Where but in the winter wilderness and the sound of silence could such a spectacle be more special?
- No previous experience needed
- A chance to see the magnificent "Northern Lights"
- The Taiga forests in winter splendour
- Day1 Depart UK and arrive Kuusamo (via Helsinki).
- Day2 Our guide will give us an introductory session into snowshoeing techniques,although it is all rather straightforward. We then make our first wilderness exploration towards the Russian border before returning to our accommodation in Hossa.
- Day3 Across the snows of the Taiga to 'Colour Rock' to see the 4,000yr old rock paintings. En route (as is the case on most days) our guide will amaze you as to how quickly they can get a fire going and a pot of coffee brewed. We then trek on to our wilderness cabin at Tolosenvirta. Sauna time!
- Day4 We may spot Reindeer and even wolf tracks today as we cross frozen lakes to reach tonight's log cabin at Lake Iso.
- Day5 Through atmospheric Taiga forests and a real wild, winter wonderland with the now obligatory halt for a warming fire and freshly brewed coffee before we reach the remote log cabin of Huosiusjarvi.
- Day6 Trekking out of the wilderness, we ease our way back into 'civilization' by way of the Hossa Visitor Centre and then check into our accommodation close by.
- Day7 Depart. Arrive UK (via Helsinki)
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust