Walks Worldwide bring you Gokyo Lakes and Everest Lodge Trek, a 21 day, group guided tour.
This challenging trek into the high Khumbu region combines all the major highlights of the ever popular 'standard' Everest Base camp trek, but allows the discerning trekker to 'escape' from the standard trail up to Everest Base camp and explore a great deal further into this truly magnificent mountain nirvana. For regular hillwalkers who dream of trekking to Everest, but want much, much more than the standard trail, this surely has to be the definitive Everest trek.
- Alternative and more rewarding route to Everest Base Camp
- Iconic Everest Views from Kala Patar
- No Camping and all meals on trek included
- Day1 Depart UK.
- Day2 Arrive Kathmandu.
- Day3 Short, but very exciting flight in a small plane to Lukla; trek to Phakding.
- Day4 Trek to the Sherpa capital of Namche Bazaar.
- Day5 Acclimatisation day in Namche.
- Day6 A stiff ascent from Namche; leave the standard "Everest Base Camp" trail and head towards Gokyo.
- Day7 A shorter trekking to reach Machermo.
- Day8 Acclimatisation Day in Machermo.
- Day9 Follow the meltwaters of the Ngozumba Glacier to then climb sharply and reach the first glittering lake and onto Gokyo itself.
- Day10 Up early to make the 2hr or so ascent of Gokyo Ri for breathtaking views of Everest, Makalu, Lhotse etc.
- Day11 Back to the first of the lakes and then across the glacier by means of a cairn marked route to Thaknak
- Day12 The challenge of the Cho La. A long, but exciting and rewarding day.
- Day13 Rejoin the main "Everest Base Camp" trail to Lobuche.
- Day14 Over the glacier rubble to reach Everest Base Camp and return to Gorak Shep.
- Day15 Kala Patar, the classic Everest viewpoint is achieved today by taking the straight forward route up over scree slopes.
- Day16 Great views of Kantaiga and Thamserku as we continue our descent toThyangboche.
- Day17 We can visit the impressive, reconstructed monastery of Thyangboche in this most atmospheric and dramatic of locations before trekking down to Namche.
- Day18 Down is easier than up, so we can trek all the way down to Phakding, and then have a final sting with an ascent up to Lukla.
- Day19 The short, but exciting return flight from Lukla to Kathmandu. The rest of today is free in Kathmandu for last souvenir hunting, exploration etc.
- Day20 Depart Kathmandu.
- Day21 Dependent upon your chosen airline, your flight will arrive back in the UK today (or the evening of day 20).
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown