Travel to one of the most scenic and culturally diverse provinces in China, Yunnan. Trace the ancient Tea Horse trail and learn about the province's second-largest ethnic group, the Bai people in Dali and Shaxi, make friends over some yak butter tea, take a short hike through Tiger Leaping Gorge and enjoy its jaw-dropping scenery, wander through a Tibetan village in the pastoral Shangrila region and unveil the mysteries of Buddhism at Ganden Sumtseling Monastery. It's a different take on China - authentic, rural, and off-the-beaten-track.
- Travel through the best of Yunnan, one of the most beautiful and diverse regions in China. This is not the vision of mega cities and bustling streets that most picture when they think of China - be prepared to be surprised!
- Visit our local Bai friends, learn about how they make their own special kind of cheese and enjoy a tasty, hearty home-cooked meal together.
- Hike through the most stunning parts of Tiger Leaping Gorge, listening to the Jinsha River roaring through the mist-capped mountains.
- Wander through a Tibetan village in the dreamy Shangrila pasture lands. Learn about Tibetan culture over a steaming cup of yak butter tea.
- Travel in comfort in private vehicles and a scenic flight from Shangrila back to Kunming.
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown