Join Peregrine on the Southern Africa journey – from Victoria Falls all the way down to Port Elizabeth. Discover not only that famous world wonder, the ‘Smoke That Thunders’, but also the great salt pans, sand dunes, grasslands, canyons, rivers, mountains, beaches, vineyards and wildlife that lie beyond. The waterholes of Chobe National Park in Botswana offer outstanding wildlife-viewing, while photographers and nature lovers alike will find a rare treat in the sand dunes and petrified forest of Namibia. However, it’s the verdant winelands and coastal scenery down south that have the final say on this comprehensive journey, adding a touch of class to an itinerary brimming with highlights and hidden surprises. Seasoned travellers in search of an all-encompassing Southern Africa odyssey need look no further.
- The thundering Victoria Falls is one of the world's most spectacular natural wonders, a phenomenon of sight and sound. Then return to the Victoria Falls Safari Lodge, a feature stay on this trip, for views over their watering hole.
- Glide through the Okavango Delta in a mokoro (traditional dugout canoe) and experience the ambience of this beautiful waterscape.
- Head out on an afternoon excursion to the Makgadikgadi Pans, looking out for meerkats and meandering elephants, and enjoy a sundowner in the shadow of an old baobab tree.
- Learn more about the Kalahari from the knowledgeable San people as they sing and dance with you by the campfire.
- Witness the wildlife in Etosha National Park on a full days Game Drive.
- The chance to see giraffe, kudu, impala, baboon, hippo, crocodile, warthog, wildebeest, impala, waterbuck, spotted hyena, jackal, zebra, elephant, lion, cheetah and even the elusive leopard.
- Rise early and witness the colourful sunrise and a picnic breakfast from the edge of Fish River Canyon, the second largest chasm of its type in the world, before returning to Canyon Lodge, a feature stay on this trip.
- Step inside Faldela's Purple House in the Bo-Kaap region of Cape Town for an authentic home-cooked dinner. Taste some of the traditional dishes such as 'Bredie', 'Chilli Bites' and 'Koesisters'.
- Taste South Africa’s acclaimed wine heritage with a special Wine tasting in the Cape Winelands, where ducks form part of the workforce and hand-crafted wines are waiting to be sampled.
- Experience some of the world’s best whale watching without leaving dry land. Hermanus’ coastal walkways have the perfect spots to sit and watch the whales as they frolic in in the bay.
- Cruise out on to the emerald waters of the Knysna Lagoon and taste some of the freshest, most delicious local produce on an Oyster Tour
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown