Discover the ancient ruins, endless sands and mythical haunts of isolated Turkmenistan, a country that is largely ignored by travellers. Journey through the prehistoric towns that dot the Silk Road and encounter humble and hospitable people along the way. From the marbled metropolis of Ashgabat to the tiny desert community of Yerbent, this ten-day adventure is a fantastic introduction to this mysterious country.
- Enjoy the full experience of surprising Ashgabat, exploring this marbled city that was largely rebuilt following a destructive earthquake in earthquake in 1948.
- Traverse across the country on an overnight train journey in twin share cabins from Ashgabat to Dashoguz.
- Explore sprawling Silk Road ruins of Mary, Merv and others with a local guide - testaments to the once grand empires that ruled these lands.
- Watch the sun set over the surreal flames of the Darvaza Crater with a night camping in the desert.
- Stop by Yerbent, a settlement in central Karakum Desert, and learn about survival in this harsh and arid environment.
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown