Take a culinary journey through Europe and Asia on this authentic food adventure full of Turkish delights. From the aromatic spice bazaars of Istanbul, through the Anatolian wine cellars of Goreme, and on to the kitchens of Gaziantep – the country’s kebap capital – discover an intoxicating combination of east and west cuisine and be rewarded with a wealth of secret recipes and endless memories. From bites to sights: witness the spectacular Blue Mosque, the impressive whirling dervishes, and the ancient site of Gobeklitepe – an archaeological complex that pre-dates the pyramids – all while feasting on the delectable dishes of their regions. Whether you’re dining on age-old Ottoman recipes that were served to the Sultan, indulging in a heart-warming homecooked fare in the caves of Cappadocia, or exploring the gastronomic alleys of Kalakoy on the hunt for flavour-filled street food, this exploratory adventure through the tastes of Turkey will surpass all expectations.
- Take part in a hands-on cooking class in Konya that will introduce you to the earthy flavours of Sufi cuisine – a hearty fare that dates back to the 13th-century.
- Experience the traditional way of dining in Sanilurfa as you gather with the locals, dine on handmade cig kofte and witness a magical performance by regional musicians.
- Indulge in the Iskender kebap at the restaurant where it was invented in 1867 – there’s a reason this mouth-watering Turkish classic sees eager diners queuing out of the door.
- Enjoy a homecooked dinner of a local fare as you’re welcomed into Nuray’s enchanting cave house in Cappadocia to try your hand at Central Anatolian cuisine under her tutelage.
- Soak up the authentic Aegean ambience of Eros Restaurant as you dine on Turk-Greek meze, seafood and salads with sweeping views of the Istanbul skyline.
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown