Peer into Russia's past on this in-depth tour through some of Russia’s lesser-known, but no less fascinating cities. Spend 12 days exploring the marvels of this transcontinental nation, travelling east from Moscow to Yekaterinburg and through to the Siberian cities of Tyumen and Tobolsk. Listen to the fascinating stories of a Siberian folk artist, traverse a section of the Trans-Siberian Railway and explore the legends of Tolstoy and the Romanov family with visits to their residences and final resting places. This is the ultimate trip into Russian history for the curious traveller.
- Discover the Novodevichy Convent and Cemetery and learn about history through the lives of the famous Russians who now rest here.
- Journey to Leo Tolstoy's estate at Yasnaya Polyana where he wrote his masterpieces War and Peace and Anna Karenina, plus enjoy a traditional lunch of his household recipes.
- Visit at town that marks Russia’s transcontinental divide, toasting the Europe-Asia border with a champagne and caviar lunch.
- Stop at Yekaterinburg and visit Ganina Yama, learning about the fate of the Romanovs – the last royal family of Russia.
- Be wowed by the delicate carvings and craft of a Siberian shaman and folk artist in Tobolsk.
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown