Fascinated by the ancient gods, goddesses and tombs of Egypt? Look no further – this two-week trip was made for you. Beginning and ending in energetic Cairo, this tour takes you to the tombs of the nobles in Aswan and Luxor, the rock temples of Abu Simbel and the Abydos Temple, interspersed with time cruising the Nile and relaxed evenings mingling with Nubian locals. From the famous pyramids of Giza to the lesser-known Red and Bent Pyramids in Dashur, through the Old Kingdom capital of Memphis and along the winding Nile, your local leader (a knowledgeable Egyptologist and history buff), will take you on a journey through Egypt's incredible past, landscapes and mythology.
- Explore Ancient Egypt with a local who has qualifications in Egyptology and archaeology, the perfect person to illuminate the mysteries and marvels of places like Luxor and Aswan.
- A three-night river cruise is an ideal way to experience the Nile. Alight at temples, cool off in the onboard pool and relax on the sun deck while local life goes by.
- Geta a comprehensive view of Ancient Egypt with a mixture of iconic sights like the temples of Abu Simbel and lesser-known wonders like the inscriptions on Elephantine Island.
- Enjoy a traditional dinner with a local family, a unique way to learn about life in Egypt while feasting on a home-cooked meal.
- Explore how old and new work together in the Old Cairo Citadel, where you can sip on a mint tea or a coffee in the city’s oldest café.
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown