Madagascar. The name conjures up all sorts of exotic images – think leaping lemurs, colourful chameleons and the freakishly large elephant bird. Along with its pirate history and shipwreck-dotted coastline, ‘unique’ doesn't come close to describing this place. From the capital Antananarivo, fly to the southwest coast to a land of great coral reefs and giant baobab trees. Explore the prefect beaches and water, and encounter a Jurassic world filled with lemurs in the craggy pinnacles and valleys of Isalo National Park. Spend a night in unique accommodation built into the landscape and camp in the shadow of towering granite mountains. Swim in natural water holes, seek out chameleons and Madagascar’s incredible wildlife in Ranomafana National Park, and encounter the local culture in the old town of Fianarantsoa, the Betsileo town of Ambositra, and in the in the old royal complex of Rova palace. Madagascar is simply one country you need to see to believe.
- Encounter Madagascar’s most famous inhabitant in the wild – be enchanted by the local lemurs and watch the white Verreaux's sifakas dance across the sand.
- As home to half of the world’s chameleon population it will not be hard to spot these unique creatures, even with their camouflage.
- Sit down to a private candlelit dinner at Reniala Park in the company of the magnificent baobab trees.
- With an included internal flight, this trip gives you more time to enjoy the beauty of Madagascar and less time on the road.
- Browse workshops to meet the artisans that specialise in crafts as diverse as printmaking, Zafimaniry woodcarving and marquetry in the World Heritage-listed town of Ambositra.
- A night spent at the gate of Isalo National Park at Relais de la Reine, the Feature Stay of this trip, where the buildings sit in canyons up against huge sandstone rocks, is utterly unique.
- Embark on a heritage walking tour through the old Tana with a local historian.
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown