Journey back to the days of the Great Silk Road with the medieval cities, stunning architecture and turbulent history of Uzbekistan. Begin in modern, cosmopolitan Tashkent and voyage out into the deserts to uncover 2000-year-old fortress cities lost in the sands of time. Stand awestruck, as Genghis Khan once did, in front of Bukhara's Kalon Minaret, gaze upon Samarkand's mighty Registan Ensemble. Join a local family for dinner and learn a few things about making plov and raise a drink while you enjoy the colorful Khiva at sunset from a rooftop.
- The largest city in Central Asia, Tashkent will surprise you with its Soviet legacy and it's contemporary culture.
- Join a local family in their home for a cooking class of the quintessential Central Asian rice dish - plov.
- Stop by the famed ceramics town of Gijduvan and visit a ceramics maker in their workshop.
- Explore the vast Chorsu Bazaar - one of Asia's oldest markets.
- Steeped in Silk Road history and immortalised in many a tale, the UNESCO-protected town of Khiva is as photogenic as it is legendary.
- Absorb the magic of Uzbekistan's "holiest city" as you tour the minarets, madressas and mosques of Bukhara.
- Witness the extraordinary architecture of Samarkand's Registan. This public square is one of the true wonders of the Islamic world.
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown