Experience the essence of the great white continent with Peregrine on the comfortable, recently-built MV Hondius vessel. Departing in late Janurary from Ushuaia, Argentina, this extraordinary mid-summer expedition crosses the mountain-lined Beagle Channel, traverses the famed Drake Passage and sees an Antarctica in full swing seasonally. As great swathes of ice and snow melt away across the peninsula, there appears one incredible white vista after the next. Beautiful rocky beaches vie for attention with whales, seabirds and penguins; excursions by Zodiac offer intimate views of the landscape and wildlife; and regular lectures from onboard experts provide natural history and context which enrichens the experience a great deal. With warm hospitality, lashings of comfort and ample leisure time along the way, Jewels of Antarctica is a perfectly paced adventure into the final frontier of adventure travel destinations.
- The wildlife is simply extraordinary in this remote part of the planet. Scan the seas for seals; watch for minke, humpback and orca whales; observe rare birds against the mountainous backdrop of the Beagle Channel; and see gentoo, Adelie and chinstrap penguins go about their daily business
- To call the terrain of Antarctica unique is an understatement; it’s a landscape photographer’s dream. Being among the beaches, plains and mountains of the white continent as icebergs calve dramatically into the ocean can feel like being in another world
- The opportunity for a polar plunge in freezing Arctic waters is not something that occurs every day! Brave the elements and enjoy an ocean dip to remember
- Onboard lectures by noted naturalists provide essential background information that enriches the experience. Learn about both the natural and human history of the area, from celebrated past expeditions to geology to wildlife
- New, comfortable and ice-strengthened to the highest of standards, the MV Hondius is the strongest vessel in the Antarctic – an ideal means of cruising across the Drake Passage
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown