Japan Sushi to Sake
Japan, a country steeped in mythical traditions and modern wonders. This journey uncovers the highlights of this fascinating country. Like the history, the country is varied and diverse: from the ancient cities like Kyoto to one of the holiest mountains in Japan, Koya-San; from the historically relevant city of Hiroshima and on to the beautifully preserved village of Tsumago; countryside backdropped by mountains, lakes and waterfalls to the bustling futuristic city of Tokyo. This tour gradually reveals the rich variety of the country as we visit temples, castles, shrines and holy mountains while still mixing with locals and experiencing the real Japan as we spend nights in family run ryokans and a mountain-top shukubo temple lodging. Come on this magical journey and experience all that Japan has to offer.
- Experience an early morning visit to the fascinating Tsukiji Fish Market
- Try your hand at making soba noodles during a Tokyo cooking class.
- Soak in a traditional onsen in Nikko.
- Experience traditions centuries-old in a family run ryokan.
- Stay in a peaceful Buddhist monastery in Koya-san
- Discover the unparalleled cuisine of Osaka
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust