Iceland, Greenland and Baffin Island
Set sail on an in-depth 18-day exploration of the most historic and remote corners of Iceland, Greenland and Canada. These are untamed lands of glaciers and icebergs, where ice-clad mountains and fjords open dramatically into the sea. Mingle with Inuit locals, soak in hot springs, marvel at cliffs teeming with seabirds, wander abandoned settlements and experience rare opportunities to get up close to Arctic wildlife such as whales, polar bears and puffins on regular Zodiac excursions. From Reykjavik to Ottawa, via many a tongue-twisting destination –Ammassalik, Skjoldungen, Narsaq Kujalliq, Pangnirtung – this is the kind of end-of-the-world adventure you won’t forget anytime soon.
- Step back in time on an informative visit to an historic whaling station on Kekerten Island
- Guided by your expert Expedition Team, encounter wildlife such as whales, walruses, puffins and possibly even polar bears on regular hikes and Zodiac excursions
- Poke around the ruins of Skjoldungen, an authentic Arctic ghost town
- Soak your muscles (while soaking up the scenery) in Greenland’s natural hot springs
- Visit traditional Greenlandic and Inuit settlements to mingle with the friendly locals and learn about their way of life
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust