This grand adventure takes you from one end of the African continent to the other and offers an in-depth experience that combines ancient history with wildlife and breathtaking scenery. Uncover the mysteries of Egypt and admire pharaonic treasures on a cruise up the Nile, witnessing the local rural life along the river as you meander along. Explore some of Africa's top national parks makes for one of life's most rewarding adventures, join expert Peregrine local leaders on safaris to see Africa's Big Five and rugged landscapes, and discover diverse cultures and local communities throughout the journey. Your 48-day epic journey through the heartlands of Africa will take you past nature teeming with wildlife, cities bursting with colour and communities with so much to share. Find your time to explore the diverse, spectacular and grand Africa.
- Do like the locals and settle in with a coffee or mint tea in Cairo, relax on the sun deck on a four-night Nile cruise, discover Nubian hospitality and lose yourself in Cairo’s fascinating Khan al-Khalili Bazaar.
- Experience a real safari camp in the Serengeti, and witness the panoramic views from the rim of an extinct volcano at World Heritage-listed Ngorongoro Crater, with game drives at both.
- Take some time out from your safari adventures in search of the Big Five with a few days spent on the white sands of Zanzibar – a colourful island paradise in the Indian Ocean.
- Visit the majestic and magnificent cascades of Victoria Falls, and glide through the Okavango Delta in a mokoro (traditional dugout canoe), experiencing the ambience of these beautiful waterscapes.
- Learn more about local cultures in Africa, with a visit to a Maasai community for village tour and talks by a local elder, and a chance to sing and dance by the campfire with the Kalahari’s San people.
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown