For an incredible look back into the history of the earth and humankind, venture no further than Ethiopia. From 3 million-year-old fossilised hominid remains in Addis Ababa to incredible rock-hewn churches, hidden crypts and grottoes in Lalibela, no other country provides a more perfect combination of history, tradition, culture and nature. Uncover the 500-year-old monastery islands of Bahir Dar, witness the majestic geological formations of the Simien mountains, meet a fascinating range of distinct tribal groups in the Omo Valley and discover the rumoured home of the Ark of the Covenant. Witness expansive views of the Blue Nile, taste the famous coffee and delectable cuisine and be warmed by the genuine and friendly people along the way, as you embark on this all-encompassing experience of Ethiopia – an adventure like no other.
- Enjoy an afternoon tour of Addis Ababa, including the National Museum and Holy Trinity Cathedral followed by a traditional Ethiopian dinner.
- Uncover the eight distinct tribes that call the Omo Valley home, and gain a deeper understanding and respect for their lifestyle and traditions.
- Learn about the importance of scarification and hair grooming for the Hamer people in the market town of Turmi.
- Take a cruise around Lake Tana – Ethiopia's largest body of water and a source of the Nile – before enjoying an on-deck sundowner
- Walk through the Simien Mountains National Park, before staying at our feature stay – the architecturally designed Limalimo Lodge.
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown