Embrace romance on this 16-day tour through Serbia and Bulgaria that finishes in Istanbul. Explore whimsical villages like Drvengrad, wander glorious Serbian meadows in Tara National Park, and learn about Serbian identity in Nis. In Bulgaria, be charmed by the hearty food and opulent buildings of Sofia, discover a 10th-century monastery in the Rila Mountains, and spend three nights on the Black Sea Coast. With local guides to illuminate the historic sights and cities along the way, this trip is a feast of ancient cultures, untouched wilderness and some of the best food and drink in Europe.
- Explore cultural and architectural delights of Sofia on a tour with a local guide, stopping along the way to indulge in local delicacies like shopska (cucumber salad), ukanka (semi-dried salami) and wine.
- Step back in time and onto cobbled streets in the open-air ethnographic museums in Plovdiv and Etar, where vintage machinery and traditional craftspeople contribute to living history.
- Observe the architectural grand jewels of Turkey from the water during a cruise along the narrow Bosphorus strait that bisects the city and separates Europe and Asia.....
- Nis, rich in a history of Serbian rebellion, demands to be explored with a local. Let a passionate guide tell you the stories of their city while they show you the sights.
- Look for waterbirds and turtles on a cruise through the tranquil marshes of the Ropotamo Nature Reserve.
- Enjoy a Serbian gastronomy cooking experience with a local food expert who specialises in Western Serbian cuisine.
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown