Flanked by ocean and desert, Namibia boasts both landscapes and wildlife of world-class diversity. Travelling down the coast from Windhoek, see how vast herds of herbivores make Etosha National Park one of the continent’s premier game-viewing destinations. The peaks, petrified forest, ancient rock paintings and Damara culture make Damaraland a fascinating insight into the history of humans and the earth, while the landscapes surrounding Swakopmund and Sossusvlei are simply some of the greatest desert scenery in the world. Climb to the top of Dune 45 and be rewarded with unreal views across wild terrain that is quickly becoming iconic. Nestle into unique accommodation among granite boulders, then take in the view across the second largest canyon in the world. Drift down the Orange River in a canoe, then cruise through the world of South African wine on a tasting experience at a wine farm in Trawal. Finish up in Cape Town, where stunning coastline, Table Mountain, and a home-cooked dinner in the colourful Bo-Kapp neighbourhood await. This two-week journey from Namibia into South Africa is one you’ll need your camera for.
- The unique landscape of Etosha National Park makes it one of the best animal-viewing destinations in the world, and you'll enjoy a full day of game drives here.
- End the day in Damaraland by ascending the hill to a viewing platform for a sweeping vista of the Mopane woodland illuminated by the setting sun.
- Enjoy a wine and cheese tasting experience on a working wine farm in the Olifants River Valley, with your host ‘Sparky’.
- As eerie as they are fascinating, the sand dunes of the Sossusvlei can be seen in all their blazing beauty from the top of Dune 45.
- Enjoy an adventurous yet relaxing canoe trip down the picturesque Orange River as the day melts into sunset.
- Rise early and witness the colourful sunrise and a picnic breakfast from the edge of Fish River Canyon, the second largest chasm of its type in the world, before returning to Canyon Lodge, our feature stay on this trip.
- Step inside Faldela's Purple House in the Bo-Kaap region of Cape Town for an authentic home-cooked dinner. Taste some of the traditional dishes such as 'Bredie', 'Chilli Bites' and 'Koesisters'.
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown