Journey into a land rich in stunning natural scenery, diverse cultures, ancient history and jaw-dropping modern development. Start in Kunming and venture deep into Yunnan province, meet the local Bai and Tibetan peoples in the ancient towns of Dali and Shangrila, hike Tiger Leaping Gorge and join the pilgrims at Sumtseling Monastery. Head to Shanghai for a wander along the Bund and wonder at the amazing historical collections in Shanghai Museum. Learn about kung fu and Buddhism at Shaolin Temple and stand face-to-face with Terracotta Warriors. Spend a night in a courtyard house at the foot of the Great Wall and learn the intricate art of paper cutting.
- Experience the highlights of ancient China, from the jaw-dropping Tiger Leaping Gorge to the majestic Terracotta Warriors.
- Spend time with a local family in Xizhou and learn about their traditional way of life. Try your hand at cheese-making and share a local lunch.
- Wander through a Tibetan village in the dreamy Shangrila pasture lands. Learn about Tibetan culture over a steaming cup of yak butter tea.
- Tour Shanghai’s imminently photogenic Bund, where historic buildings in a variety of architectural styles line a waterfront promenade.
- Zip through China by bullet train, going as fast as 300 km per hour.
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown