Join Peregrine on an awe-inspiring journey into Spitsbergen, a veritable Arctic wonderland located midway between mainland Norway and the North Pole. Part of the Svalbard Archipelago, this remote destination boasts not only stunning glaciers, bluffs and mountain ranges, but also an extraordinary spread of wildlife. Bearded seals, walruses, Arctic foxes and pink-footed geese are known to roam this area, and the prospect of sighting the ever elusive polar bear lends a special excitement into the expedition. With experts on board to provide historical context, and plenty of time for active optional excursions such as snowshoeing and kayaking, Arctic Unveiled strikes the perfect balance between discovery, leisure and intrepid polar exploration.
- Uncover the incredible landscape of Spitsbergen, from the quirky northernmost city of Longyearbyen to the brilliant blue glaciers such as the ‘14th July Glacier’ – not to mention stunning fjords, mountains and cliffs
- Scour sheets of ice and, with some luck, be rewarded with unforgettable sightings of the ruler of the Arctic – the mighty polar bear
- Sightings of Arctic foxes, breaching whales, lounging masses of walruses, and enchanting seabirds on the cliffs of Alkefjellet are all a strong chance on this journey
- See the island from a different angle by going snowshoeing, hiking or sea kayaking at your leisure, with all equipment provided
- Experience the unique and memorable sensation of 24 hours of sunlight
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown