Admire the sweeping landscapes of Tanzania – full of incredible wildlife and fascinating cultures – on this 12-day East African adventure with Lonely Planet and Intrepid. From the pristine beaches of Zanzibar across the lush slopes of the Usambara Mountains and through the savannas of Ngorongoro Crater and the Serengeti, discover a land where elephants roam, lions hunt and communities embrace the land. This is the heart of Africa – a land for the true explorer. When will you go in search of the Big Five?
- Wander around Stone Town’s bustling bazaars and fragrant spice markets and opt to embark on a guided tour of the spice plantations.
- Explore the Serengeti – a wildlife arena like no other – and look for lions, leopards, elephants and giraffes in this iconic park with your local crew.
- Spend a day with local women in Arusha, learning to prepare a Swahili dish, crafting and learning about village life in Kisongo.
- Take a mind-blowing safari across the floor of the Ngorongoro Crater in an open-roof 4WD vehicle for a chance to see endangered black rhinoceros.
- Embark on a hike through the Usambara Mountains to the Irente viewpoint, then stop at a farm on the way back for a picnic lunch.
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown