Experience the breathtaking natural scenery, historical attractions, and diverse lifestyles for which the province of Yunnan is known in this 12-day tour. Hike one of Asia's finest geological wonders, Tiger Leaping Gorge, best beheld from the winding hiking trails high above the Yangzi River. Break bread with a Bai family and learn about the province's second-largest ethnic group. Travel to lofty, legendary Shangrila. Mingle with Tibetan pilgrims in Ganden Sumtseling Monastery. It's impossible to name all the myriad delights of Yunnan, so you'll just have to discover them for yourself.
- Visit our local Bai friends in Dali and learn about Bai people and their way of life.
- In Shaxi, you'll see one of the best-preserved traditional towns in Yunnan. Stay in a friendly, family-run guesthouse and sample some authentic local cuisine
- Experience the legendary Tiger Leaping Gorge, with two days of hiking one of China's most breathtaking trails.
- Journey to Shangrila and walk among Tibetan pilgrims in Sumtseling Monastery.
- Travel like a local, on public buses and sleeper trains. It's the perfect opportunity to interact with people and take in the charming provincial scenery.
- You've never tried anything like Yunannese food! Get a different perspective on Chinese cuisine with the unique flavours of the local soup, noodles, mushrooms and even cheese.
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown