Take an epic 35-day Lonely Planet Experience that hits the best of the best in South East Asia. From the majestic Angkor ruins and the beaches of Phan Rang to the frenetic pace of Ho Chi Minh City and Bangkok, past the relaxed vibes of Hoi An, Chiang Mai and to the riverside of Luang Prabang, you’ll learn the history, meet friendly and welcoming people, eat delicious food and stay with local communities along the way. If you want to capture the true essence of this region, this all-encompassing itinerary is for you. See what all the fuss is about in Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia – four shining gems in South East Asia.
- A slow boat down the Mekong River is one of South East Asia's most classic journeys. You’ll spend a day meandering down the river to Luang Prabang – a relaxing way to discover the region’s natural splendour.
- Participate in workshops run by local artisans, including an indigo dyeing demonstration in Baan Thung Hong Village, and an ancient pottery class in Bo Suak Cultural Place.
- Lan Ha Bay is a paradisiacal enclave of green waters and strange rock formations. Explore them by boat and kayak, then spend the night on Cat Ba Island.
- Enjoy the guidance of a local expert as you temple-hop at the dazzling Angkor complex, one of South East Asia's most stunning sights.
- Have some fun at Rehash Trash – a sustainable concept in Siem Reap run by women to empower them with skills-based training, and to help you make a treasure out of what may otherwise be considered waste.
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown