This 17-day expedition is a brand-new trip through an ancient land. Beginning in Pakistan’s capital of Islamabad, the expedition takes travellers north to the stunning and rarely touristed Hunza Valley region. Here you’ll find nature unleashed: imagine imposing jagged peaks, alpine lakes and glaciers creeping into the valleys. Explore the ancient fortifications scattered among rural villages and learn about the modern innovations that help the local people prosper. Finish in Lahore, a city that’s not only stood strong through the rise and fall of empires, but also preserved the culture that makes Pakistan such a mesmerising, all-consuming country.
- Learn about Pakistan – its turbulent past, fascinating present and hopeful future – from a local leader who knows and loves the country best.
- Homestays are unforgettable opportunities to share stories with the lovely locals and learn how they manage to thrive in such a beautiful yet hostile environment.
- Travel on the famous Karakoram Highway past glaciers, alpine lakes and mountains as far as the eye can see.
- Visit the point where the Himalaya, Karakoram and Hindu Kush – three of the world’s largest mountain ranges – all meet each other.
- Take a 4WD to Khunjerab National Park in search of snow leopards, bears, wolves and rare Marco Polo sheep.
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown