Discover New Zealand’s North Island – with a taste of the South – on this 12-day adventure from Auckland to Christchurch. Ease into it with a few days soaking up the beauty of the Bay of Islands, then learn ancient Maori traditions and witness geothermal marvels in Rotorua. Choose whether to tackle the epic Tongariro Alpine Crossing and visit the cultural capital of Wellington. Explore sunny Nelson and the beachfront bush of Abel Tasman National Park and cap it off with time in Kaikoura, where the shores are filled with seals. Discover incredible landscapes and Maori culture of Te Ika-a-Maui (the Maori term for the North Island) with plenty of free time to explore at your own pace.
- Be welcomed to Whakarewarewa by the Maori people who have lived there for over 700 years and wonder at the area’s steaming Te Puia geysers, bubbling mud pits and lakes.
- Feel the rush of Huka Falls, where a 100-metre-wide river is forced through a narrow volcanic chamber, causing a torrent of incredible speed.
- Explore the Abel Tasman National Park independently or on an optional tour, hiking through thick native forest and emerging on deserted sandy beaches.
- Choose to join the group for a full-day trek over the Tongariro Alpine Crossing, hiking past aqua coloured lakes, craters and volcanos.
- Cruise in between green islands Marlborough Sounds, where the hilly islands were once towering mountains and the channels were once dry valleys.
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown