Explore New Zealand's North Island, from secluded beaches to volcanic craters, on this 12-day tour. Travel from Christchurch to Kaikoura, where you can spot seals on the rugged shoreline. Continue along the coast to Nelson and the cultural capital Wellington, then head inland to mighty Mt Ruapehu and geothermal Rotorua. Finish your trip in Auckland, but not before a few relaxing days spent on the Bay of Islands. An immersion in the incredible landscapes and Maori culture of Te Ika-a-Maui (the Maori term for the North Island) with plenty of free time to explore at your own pace, this trip is perfect for active nature lovers.
- Be welcomed to Whakarewarewa by the Maori people who have lived there for over 700 years and wonder at the area’s steaming geysers, bubbling mud pits and lakes.
- Feel the rush of Huka Falls, where a 100-metre-wide river is forced through a narrow volcanic chamber causing a torrent of incredible speed and power.
- Explore the Abel Tasman National Park independently or on an optional tour, hiking through thick native forest and emerging on deserted sandy beaches.
- Choose to embark on a full-day trek over the Tongariro Alpine Crossing, hiking past aqua coloured lakes, craters and volcanos.
- Cruise though the Marlborough Sounds, where the hilly islands were once towering mountains and the channels were once dry valleys before they flooded 10,000 years ago.
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown