Japan Winter Festivals
Be entranced by winter in Japan. Experience the sensational Sapporo Snow Festival, be awestruck by the size of snow sculptures and watch the soft lantern light cast its magic over festivalgoers in Otaru. Experience some of the best and biggest winter festivals in the country! Explore picturesque landscapes, don some snowshoes for a wintery walk and sample some of the region’s finest beers and sakes as you enjoy an adventure of natural, cultural and artistic delights that celebrates the splendour of Japan’s far north.
- Celebrate winter at the Sapporo Snow Festival
- Explore the fairy-tale-like landscape at Otaru’s Snow Light Path Festival
- Soak away the day in a steamy onsen
- Learn about how the national drink is produced at a sake brewery
- Watch locals haggle for crab and sea urchins at the Nijo Fish Markets
- Visit the famous Sapporo Brewery for an amber ale or two
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust