Alaska may be part of the USA, but it feels like another world. Discover incredible mountain ranges, diverse wildlife and shining glaciers on a nine-day Lonely Planet Experience in the coldest and iciest state of the USA. Go deep into the wild through the isolated Denali and Wrangell-St Elias national parks, then reunite with civilisation with stops in Anchorage and Valdez. Look out for moose, caribou and grizzly bears on an Alaskan safari and take a kayak trip past waterfalls and sea life. This active adventure takes you well off the beaten track, so escape from the world and explore the deep wilderness of Alaska.
- Drive across frozen plains and past massive peaks, walk across remote tundras to glacial rivers and canoe in the spectacular waters of Prince William Sound.
- Go deep into the wild and experience unforgettable scenery on a camping adventure, staying closer than ever before to the mountains and glaciers.
- Denali National Park is home to an abundance of native wildlife. Visit the park for a unique safari experience to see moose, caribou, grizzly bears, Dall sheep and wolves in their natural habitat.
- Get close to sea otters, puffins and humpback whales on an optional kayaking trip in Valdez. You might even see bald eagles in the sky above!
- See North America's biggest collection of glaciers and some of its tallest and most impressive mountains on your tour of the Wrangell-St Elias National Park.
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown