Veer off the usual Balkan route and discover some of the region’s lesser-visited places on this historical adventure. Starting in cosmopolitan Budapest, travel to the Serbian capital of Belgrade for a taste of a European city on the up. Learn about Bosnia and Herzegovina’s war years in Sarajevo, stop by the famed Old Bridge of Mostar, discover the beachside gem of Budva and wind things up in Dubrovnik, one of Europe's hottest hangouts. Melding the past with the present, the historic with the euphoric, this trip ticks all the boxes with plenty of free time, plenty of history to learn and plenty of places to head out and party.
- Enjoy plenty of free time with your group to discover the communist past and modern progressive vibe of Budapest: the 'Pearl of the Danube'.
- Immerse yourself in the edgy street scene of Belgrade's Bohemian Quarter, then dance the night away in one of Europe’s nightlife hotspots.
- Learn about the dark history and rebuilding of Bosnia and Herzegovina in Sarajevo, with a walk up to the White Fortress overlooking the city.
- Cover a lot of ground in Montenegro, meeting up with the Adriatic coast in beautiful Budva along sandy beaches and shimmering waters.
- Visit Mostar’s famous Old Bridge and witness a traditional bridge jumper hurl themselves into the icy waters below.
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown