Epic Northeast Passage (Kapitan Khlebnikov) 2016
When you think of the Arctic, nomadic tribes, whalebone sculptures and helicopter flights to see the passage of an icebreaker don’t usually spring to mind. But on this trip that navigates the coastline of the Russian Arctic and crosses the Arctic Circle – stopping at some of the remotest islands in the world – you may have to rethink what you know. From following the Chukotka Peninsula and walking across Arctic tundra on Wrangel Islands to sighting polar bears on ice floes and searching out nomadic Chukchi and Tundra Nenet people, this Arctic adventure into the land of the midnight sun doesn’t have epic in its title for nothing.
- Visit the village of Uelen to meet local carvers
- Listen to fascinating lectures by an array of onboard experts
- See the antics of odd-looking puffins on Puffin Island
- Cross the Arctic Circle into the midnight sun
- Take Zodiacs to Wrangel Island
- Search out polar bears at the New Siberian Islands
- Visit a camp of the nomadic Chuckhi or Tundra Nenet people
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
Get inspiration every week into your inbox!
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust