From the majestic temples of Angkor to the gorgeous colonial-era architecture of Battambang and the devastating Khmer Rouge reign of the 1970s, Cambodia is a country that emanates history at every turn. Jungle vines crawl over Angkor Wat’s weathered walls and villagers work their land in much the same way they have for generations. This remarkable small-group adventure will get you deep into the heart and soul of this inspiring destination, meeting local residents, and uncovering the spectacular sights that defy belief.
- Kick things off with dinner at Friends the Restaurant in Phnom Penh to support an excellent local cause with a memorable (and delicious) dining experience
- Enjoy a day out in the countryside nearby the French colonial town of Kampot where we walk through rice fields, discover a hidden cave temple, and relax with a sunset river cruise
- Learn about local cottage industries in and around historic Battambang, visiting local businesses from pottery and silversmithing to sticky rice and fish paste production
- Travel by boat with your small group down the Sangker River to Tonle Sap lake – certainly the most scenic way to arrive in Siem Reap
- Marvel at the spectacle of the ancient Angkor complex with two full days dedicated to this wonder. See the archaeological complex in depth, and take your own time to immerse in the beauty and mystery of the temples
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown