Experience the very best of Malaysia on a 13-day cultural adventure. Since its emergence from colonial rule, Malaysia has developed a reputation as a land of diverse cultures, sensational cuisine and natural beauty. On this trip, we take you where the action is – past outstanding architecture, to a rural village homestay, close to exotic marine life and into ancient rainforests. Amble along forest trails, haggle in some of Asia's best markets, discover perfect beachside paradise and make friends along the way. This trip introduces the best of Malaysia and gives an inside glimpse to this fascinating country.
- Begin your adventure in the lively capital of Kuala Lumpur. With so many cultural influences and many things to do and see, consider the option of extending your trip beforehand to see what this city has to offer.
- Adventure through the lush Taman Negara National Park, where your local guide will explain traditional medicines sourced straight from the rainforest.
- Snorkel the turquoise seas of the Perhentian Islands – a paradise of unspoiled forests and white sands.
- Spend time with a local family at a homestay in Kota Aur – pedal out to the surrounding rice fields and have an authentic local experience that gives a real insight into village culture.
- Walk through the historic shophouse lined streets of Georgetown, mixed in contemporary art galleries and boutiques, traditional temples and churches, and modern street art that all influence the cultural hub of Penang.
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown