Witness vast landscapes, natural wonders, towns rich in cultural traditions and modern cities humming with life on this epic journey through Africa, bought to you by Lonely Planet and Intrepid. This 64-day odyssey takes you from cosmopolitan Cape Town to the bustling streets of Nairobi, travelling through immense canyons, verdant mountains, gorgeous beaches and beautiful villages along the way. Encounter the sweeping beauty of the Serengeti, meet the San people, have close encounters with mountain gorillas and be warmed by Malawi. Camp on balmy beaches in Tanzania, trek through steamy rainforest and see cheeky chimps at play in Uganda. With unforgettable inclusions plus plenty of freedom, this adventure was designed for curious travellers with a strong independent streak.
- Gorilla permits included! Seek out the rare mountain gorilla on a trek through Uganda’s steamy forests and spend an unforgettable hour in their presence.
- Go on safaris in iconic spots like Ngorongoro Crater, the Serengeti savanna, the Okavango Delta and the Masai Mara.
- A local leader and crew, plus plenty of time in villages and small towns, means you’ll have the opportunity to meet heaps of locals from all walks of life.
- Chill out on the northern beaches of Zanzibar, enjoying white sand and the sparkling blue waters of the Indian Ocean.
- Travel for good! Visit community-based projects that empower women, promote economic freedom and protect wildlife.
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown