Trip reference number: WOC
Trip Operator: Bamboo Travel
Our ‘Wonders of China’ tour takes in a number of China’s main iconic sights starting with the Forbidden City and the Great Wall. From Beijing travel to Xian to see the Terracotta Warriors and then cruise along the mighty Yangtze River on one of the famous Victoria cruise boats. After your cruise visit cosmopolitan Shanghai before heading to the classical gardens of Suzhou and the visually stunning West Lake at Hangzhou. The tour ends with a couple of nights in bustling Hong Kong where you can reflect on the wonders you have seen.
1. London Heathrow - Beijing: with British Airways.
2. Beijing: arrive and check in. Afternoon tour of Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City.
3. Beijing: morning tour of the Summer Palace and the Hutongs. After lunch tour of the Temple of Heaven.
4. Beijing - Great Wall - Xian: full day tour to the Great Wall. Overnight train to Xian.
5. Xian: after checking in visit the Shaanxi Museum. Afternoon tour of Muslim Quarter & City Walls.
6. Xian: morning excursion to the Terracotta Warriors. Afternoon tour of the Wild Goose Pagoda.
7. Xian - Chongqing - Yangtze Cruise: fly to Chongqing. Board your Victoria cruise boat for a 3 night Yangtze River cruise.
8. Yangtze Cruise: sail down the Yangtze River. Excursion to Shibaozhai.
9. Yangtze Cruise: today pass through the Three Gorges.
10. Yichang - Shanghai: excursion to the Three Gorges Dam. After lunch fly to Shanghai.
11. Shanghai: guided tour of Shanghai.
12. Shanghai - Suzhou: drive to Suzhou then set out to explore the city’s classical gardens.
13. Suzhou - Hangzhou: drive to Hangzhou. Afterwards guided tour of Hangzhou.
14. Hangzhou - Hong Kong: fly to Hong Kong. Afternoon tour of the city.
15. Hong Kong: day at leisure to explore independently.
16. Hong Kong - London: morning at leisure. Evening flight to London with BA.
17. London Heathrow: morning arrival.
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust