Trip reference number: TOT
Trip Operator: Bamboo Travel
This 2 week itinerary takes you into the heart of this fascinating country to discover its many treasures. From the 21st Century capital, Taipei, head south with your private guide to explore the high mountains and deep gorges in the Taroko National Park, before relaxing in a hot spring bath in Chihpen. Continue to the southernmost tip of the island and discover the rugged cliffs and tantalising beaches of the Kenting National Park. Head north once more up the west coast, spending the night in the monastery guesthouse at the sacred Fo Guang Shan monastery, passing through Tainan stopping at some of its famous temples and historical relics and spending the night in Alishan, where you will have the chance to witness the breath-taking sunrise. The tour climaxes with 2 nights staying on the shore of the mystical Sun Moon Lake and a final night in Taipei before flying home from your adventure.
1. London Heathrow - Taipei: with Eva Air.
2. Taipei: transfer to your hotel for 3 nights.
3. Taipei: guided city tour.
4. Taipei - Yangminghan - Jiufen - Taipei: guided tour around Yangmingshan National Park, the Yehliu Geopark and Jiufen.
5. Taipei - Taroko National Park: morning drive to Taroko National Park. Afternoon tour of Taroko Gorge.
6. Taroko - Chengkung: morning Trek. Afternoon transfer to Chengkung with sightseeing en-route.
7. Taitung/Chihpen: day with guide at your disposal.
8. Chengkung - Kenting: drive to Kenting with sightseeing en-route. Transfer to your hotel for 1 night.
9. Kenting - Fo Guan Shan: morning drive to Fo Guang Shan monastery with sightseeing in Kaohsiung en-route.
10. Fo Guang Shan - Tainan - Alishan: optional early morning chanting. City tour of Tainan, continue to Alishan for 1 night.
11. Alishan - Sun Moon Lake: optional sunrise viewing over Mt Alishan. Continue by road to Sun Moon Lake for 2 nights.
12. Sun Moon Lake: day at leisure to explore Sun Moon Lake.
13. Sun Moon Lake - Taipei: transfer to the railway station and catch the high speed train back to Taipei for 1 night.
14. Taipei - London: flight to London Heathrow with Eva Air. Evening arrival.
This trip has no fixed departures but restrictions may apply - check operator website
** If you see this next to a price, a specific price in your currency has not been provided, this is an estimated-only price based on a currency conversion, the price you pay may be different to that shown
Sign up to our weekly Trip Finder email and get a selection of the best trips to feed your Wanderlust