Forums

This is the place for you to ask your travel questions and share your tips. To search for particular topics, go to categories and choose a relevant topic

Free travel in Geneva! Any other freebies to look out for?

I am heading on a tour around Europe tomorrow, and just had a look on the Geneva airport website to see how I get into the city along with the costs etc. I noticed on the website that there is a free ticket for public transport from the airport to the city. http://www.gva.ch/en/Portaldata/1/Resources/fichiers/publications/publications_informative/transports-gratuits_EN.pdf The free ticket also mentions that all tourists can receive free travel on the Geneva Public Transport system throughout their stay which includes free transport back to the airport when you leave! http://www.geneve-tourisme.ch/?rubrique=0000000417

Report as inappropriate
    KiwiJonesy

1 posts | 5 responses

Posted 14 July 10

Responses

Geneva sounds great. There are the odd freebies that shouldn't really be done e.g. London stretchy buses where they don't check tickets, as well as the Prague trams - not sure if they're the ethical examples you're searching for though.

Report as inappropriate
    murrdj

6 post | 15 responses

Posted 4 August 10

You must be logged in to add to this post

myWanderlust

Welcome to our community

Member Login

Not a member?

Get more from Wanderlust - register today!

Search

Enter a region, country or destination

Find a member:

Most Popular Categories

select
select
select
select
Departure date:
Open the calendar popup.
Return date:
Open the calendar popup.
Date flexibility:
Spin UpSpin Down
Search

Need some travel planning inspiration?

Simply select the destination you’re interested in or the activities you’re looking for and we’ll send your request to a select panel of tour operators.

Each operator will respond to your request individually. Your details remain private and are not disclosed to any partners unless you decide to proceed with a booking. Enjoy!

Search
Email

Wanderlust in your inbox

Wanderlust sends out regular email newsletters – be the first to know about web exclusives, competitions, hot offers and travel jobs. Register today!

I have read and agree to the Terms & Conditions

Submit